- 367 employees (Q4 2014)
- Total revenues of NOK 290 million (2014)
- Monthly Mobile ARPU: NOK 42 (Q4 2014)
- 3.406 million mobile subscriptions (Q4 2014)
- License in the 900MHz and 2.1GHz bands, valid for 15 years
- Population is 51 million
- Less than 10 percent of mobile penetration
- Telenor will build mobile network using HSPA and LTE-ready technologies
- Aim to provide network coverage for 90% of the population within five years
- Launched in Myanmar by switching on the mobile network in Mandalay, the cultural city, on September 27, 2014
- Network in Nay Pyi Taw, the capital, was turned on October 3,2014, followed by Yangon, the largest city, on October 26, 2014
- The network will now expand into other cities and rural areas.
- Voice and data services over 2G and 3G commercially launched as initial offering
- The headquarters are located in Yangon
- CEO: Petter Furberg
Telenor passed a major milestone with the signing of the nationwide telecommunications license agreement with the Myanmar government on 30 January 2014. Telenor was declared a successful application for the license on June 27, 2013, followed by a license negotiation process. Telenor plans to rapidly roll out a modern telecommunications network and services that will deliver the benefits of mobile communications to people throughout the country.